It’s hard to believe that January is over. Here is how I did on my first month of the year:
- Run the Naked Bavarian 40 mile race on March 4, 2017 – I started out the month really strong but then the baby was sick and not sleeping and then I got sick so it ended a bit lack luster but I did manage to run 124 miles for the month so I will take it. Although I fought like hell to get to 125, it just didn’t happen. Next month’s goal is 15o miles it would be my highest mileage ever in a month. Its also a short month so it will be a challenge!
- Raise $5,000 for Covenant House Pennsylvania – I am 40% there so almost at $2,000, actually I am only $20 away from $2,000 so if you are interested in donating here is the link. If you want to know why I am doing this fundraiser you can read more here. I have one month to raise $3,000. Its going to be tough to focus on this and running. Maybe I will extend this goal to my 50 mile race in May? I hope not, I really want to get this done with my 40 miler so I can focus solely on training for the 50 miler.
- Run the Dirty German 50 mile race on May 13, 2017 – See goal #1 for training.
- Lose the baby weight (starting weight 140) – I have decided to weigh myself once a month, because I drive myself crazy otherwise. So my official weigh in is: 136.6 lbs!! 16.6 lbs to go. As the number gets lower its going to get harder and harder but I will celebrate these 3.4 lbs while I can!
- Rock climb More – This is the one goal I officially failed at, I didn’t climb once.
- Travel More – We have officially booked France – flight, house and car booked. Now just to figure out where we are going once we are there. It feels good to have something booked! We are working on something for the West Coast in the fall.
- Blog More – Seven posts in January – not too shabby.
- One small house project a month – So for my kids daycare you have to create a poster board with pictures and details about your child so for this month’s project I decided to frame those pictures and hang them in their rooms. Here they are:
I didn’t get a picture of the baby’s poster in his room because it was close to bedtime and he was not being very patient. I really wanted the frames in white but they were really hard to find! Who knew poster size was an odd size to frame?
- Declutter – I sold our pink antique couch for $300 – boom! There is my spending cash for the next three months – at least! I also got rid of a broken chair and donated three boxes of things to Vietnam Veterans of America. I am trying to take pictures of things I want to get rid of around the house and list them on Facebook and Letgo. I have a lot of work to do in the declutter department. Our house is big so it lends itself to having more stuff.
- Spend less – Other than the trip to France, we were pretty good about not purchasing anything we didn’t actually need. No more stuff!