February 2018 – Getting Shit Done
February was TOUGH. I was literally awake on Super Bowl Sunday at 1 am with a kid who had thrown up all over himself. My kids were sick every week including a week when my husband was away for work, I had 3 Wisdom teeth removed which I had been putting off for years but as far as my goals are concerned I KILLED IT. I keep track of everything in my trusty handy dandy calendar and just so you know, pink = workout. Boom.
- Running – become a better runner – faster, stronger, longer
- Run the Gruelin Newlin 25K – Completed – Read Race Report here
- Run the Naked Bavarian 20 miler
- Run the Naked Prussian Marathon
- Run the Schuylkill River 50K
- Run the Jim Thorpe 1/2 marathon
- Run the Dirty German 50 miler
- Run the 1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon
- Run the LBI – 18 miler
- Run the Bucky Challenge – 1/2 marathon and Marathon
- Fitness –
- Finish BBG – 12 weeks cycle repeatedly throughout the year – I finished my first ever 12 week cycle! Boom. This has been on my list since 2015
- Workout 85% of the year (311 days) at least 35 minutes a day – So I am currently behind on this goal I have missed 10 days so far this year so I am currently at 83% but I have many months left to catch back up.
- 100,000 steps every week – Done.
- Strive for a plants based diet – I have successfully made a couple of vegetarian meals that were even approved by my hubby so I call that a win.
- No adding sugar – Black coffee is not my friend but I still drink that bitch.
- More sleep – bed time routine – We started the year really well with this but recently we’ve been falling off track. Gotta get back at it.
- Better food – work in more veggies all around – I am starting these Zucchini muffins – this goal is a serious uphill battle so this is a start but its going to be a battle.
- Clean up own toys – This hasn’t really worked but we were focusing on health this month.
- Build a Walk in closet for Master Bedroom – DONE DONE DONE – Check this out:
- Power wash the house in the spring
- Plant new bushes where the old ones were
- Sand and re-stain our front door
- Paint or stain book shelf in garage
- Finish painting furniture in basement
- Start refinishing basement
- Basement – there is stuff everywhere, it has to go
- Toys – stop buying and get rid of more
- Baby Stuff – sell or donate
- Empty Cedar closet
- Coats – too many in the closet
- Cloths – need to fit all in the Walk-in closet including shoes – Almost done. I have many suits from working in NYC in my 20’s that I either need to donate or move into the walk-in closet
- Guest Bedroom – Sell all furniture and reorganize
- Wash all dishes before going to bed – I would say I am about 75% on top of this but currently there are last nights dishes in my sink and I am not happy about it.
- Come up with a cleaning schedule and stick to it – still need to get this done.
- Laundry – 6 days a week do something with laundry – I am about 90% on top of this right now. Mainly due to one of my children who had explosive poops for about a week straight – good times.
Tomorrow I will be tackling the Naked Bavarian again although this time, I am just doing the 20 miler. Wish me luck!!