My favorite blogger Life According to Steph did a list of three things yesterday and I woke up this morning to see that another blog I read, Budgets are Sexy, did three things as well. Its a sign! So I am going to steal his format and go with it. So here are three things I will spend money on and three I won’t:
Things I will Spend Money on:
- Shoes – I don’t mean designer shoes. I mean comfortable shoes that will carry me 40 miles on an ultra run. My Vasque Constant Velocity sell for $120 and I LOVE THEM! If you have a high arch and your feet get achy in other shoes give these a try. I use them on roads and trails and I adore them. I am still on the hunt for comfortable everyday flats. Lately I have been living in Toms but those aren’t so comfy for all day.
- Gifts for my family – I am a great gift giver and I have no qualms about dropping a significant amount of money on a gift for a family member especially if its in my head its perfect. It just feels so good to give.
- Vacation – There’s always room in the budget to get away!
Things I won’t Spend Money on:
- Toys – that shit gets expensive and for the most part, you can find it cheap 2nd hand. Of course my kids are too young to know if something is used or not so I may be singing a different tune in the future!
- Cars – Another category I may be singing a different tune about soon but I love my carrito and it will be a sad day when it dies.
- Races – So I am a runner and I do sign up for races but I refuse to spend more than what I consider reasonable. That’s why I mainly stick to uberendurancesports races. They are the best organized with the best aid station, friendliest volunteers and the most reasonably priced races around.
So what’s important to you?