Tomorrow is the big day for me. It’s funny how I picked a random race to promote and create a fundraiser for. Who does 40 mile trail races? This girl. Usually its a 50 K or a 50 miler not 40 miles. I like that it’s my birthday weekend. I like that I had until my birthday to raise the funds. I wanted goals that could be completed within the first quarter of the year and I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and it’s official; I am out. Normally when I set out to do things, I am not sure I can do, I don’t tell anyone. It’s much easier to fail if no one is watching. But now I feel like everyone is watching. Maybe they are but probably not. Either way, tomorrow I will be attempting my second ultra and I am almost at my goal for fundraising – 92% – it is amazing. If you are interested in donating please find my donating page here. Any amount would help tremendously. Lastly, here are a few thoughts that will keep me motivated tomorrow.
Another month down here’s how I did on the shortest month of the year:
- Run the Naked Bavarian 40 mile race on March 4, 2017 – 4 days away! I am SUPER nervous. Just hoping the weather stays the same and the trails aren’t too muddy.
- Raise $5,000 for Covenant House Pennsylvania – I am 76% there so almost at $4,000, if you are interested in donating here is the link.
- Run the Dirty German 50 mile race on May 13, 2017 – Training to continue after this weekend.
- Lose the baby weight (starting weight 140) – So my official weigh in is: 136.6 lbs!! 16.6 lbs to go. – This was my update last month and the scale hasn’t changed at all. BUT my clothes are definitely fitting better which I will take!
- Rock climb More – yup didn’t happen again, it will definitely happen in March!
- Travel More – I booked our trip to Niagara Falls for May! and we will be in France in less than 2 weeks!
- Blog More – I only posted 6 times but February is a short month so its hard to fit in.
- One small house project a month – Nope this one didn’t happen either. Going to have to double up in March/April – lets face it March is about my birthday and FRANCE
- Declutter – I sold a bassinet for $20 and a bunch of other baby things too. I failed on donating items because it snowed on the day of my donation pickup and I thought there was no way they would come but they did. I felt really bad about not getting the stuff outside.
- Spend less – I bought my hubby 4 pairs of pants and got rid of 5.
Wish me luck on Saturday!!
Last time I spoke about running I was doubting everything I set out to do this year. How was I going to run 40 miles when 20 felt so terrible? What was I thinking signing up for all of this when I had a baby 9 months ago? Why do I do this to myself?
Well, this past Saturday I set out with my trail sister @lifeonatrail to truly conquer the yellow trail at the Wissahickon Park in Philadelphia I had done the trail on my own but there is a section that is closed that I was too intimidated to do alone. So we set out shortly after noon and the trail was a muddy, snowy, slippery mess but the miles went by with ease and the conversation followed. It felt great even with soaking wet muddy feet.
We conquered the closed section which added more mileage than I anticipated and ended up having to cut the run short a bit for her sake she was only supposed to do 15 but we ended at 20 miles. I was able to add 3.5 more miles with the help of my amazing husband and our double bob stroller. He took this awesome picture of me:
If the sun wasn’t setting I would have ran all the way home!
Happy Hump Day!